About the Doctor:
Dr V V Mathew, a permanent resident of UK of Indian origin, General Surgeon with vast experience in various specialities of General Surgery. He has received basic training in General Surgery in the UK from 1974 till the end of 1985. He completed FRCS (Ed) and Diploma in Urology from the Institute of Urology, London in 1980 and 1985 respectively following completion of MBBS from St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore, one of the prestigious institute of India. He has more than 45 years of experience in General, Laparoscopic and Vascular Surgeries. Presently serving at MAJ as mentor and senior consultant for the Department of General and Laparoscopic Surgery.
1. FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
2. D. Urol (Diploma in Urology), from Institute of Urology, University Of London.
3. Fellow of International College of Surgeons
4. Fellow of American College of Surgeons
5. MBBS from St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore
1. Registrar at St Marthas Hospital, Bangalore
2. Senior Medical Officer, Registrar, Senior Registrar and Consultant at various Hospitals in UK
3. Senior Medical Officer, and Senior consultant surgeon and urologist in Brunei.
4. Head of the department of Surgery Brunei
5. Surgical tutor to autralian medical schools
1. Training doctors
2. Training doctors towards Fellowship training
3. Member of surgical scientific committee
4. Editorial board of ELSA
5. Various publications in surgery and urology in reputed journals
6. Conducted and Chairman of various committees in Hospital and several National and International meetings.
7. Attended several International meetings in UK, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
8. Presented several papers during international meetings.
1. Best outgoing Surgical Registrar in the initial training phase at St Martha’s Hospital, Bangalore
2. 2nd rank in the first urological diploma from the Institute of Urology, London
3. One of the first urologically qualified in the world
4. Established vascular surgery in Brunei having performed the first successful ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm
5. Excellent service medal from Brunei Medical Service
6. Exclusive special medal and high honour from Sultan of Brunei
Several publications in peer-reviewed journals like British Journal of Surgery, International Journals and Brunei Journal of Surgery.
Memberships & Certifications:
1. Member of IMA
2. Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh