Dr. Paul P Antony is the Head of the Department of Orthopaedics and Joint replacement surgeries at M.A.J Hospital.
Prior to this post he was the Head of the Department and Senior Consultant of Orthopaedics and joint replacement at Ministry of Health, Oman. He was teaching faculty of Orthopaedics at Oman Medical College. His department had 14 orthopaedic surgeons under him and was performing 1500 major surgeries and 1000 minor surgeries per year with arthroscopy(keyhole) and replacements forming a good share.
He took his M.B.B.S from Government Medical College Alleppey. He did his Orthopaedic residency at Christian Medical College ,Ludhiana in -1998 .He did AO fellowship in pelvic and acetabular fractures and Advanced fellowship in reconstructive joint replacements from Saarland University ,Germany. In shoulder and elbow surgeries including shoulder replacements he did his SICOT fellowship at Baveria, Germany. He has also undergone training in shoulder arthroscopy from Larissa ,Greece .For his work in Germany he has got letter of appreciation for Orthopedic Excellence from Prof.Tim Pohlemann ,Director of Orthopaedics, University of Saarland, Germany.
He specialises in advanced hip and knee preservation , replacement surgery , osteonecrosis and complex joint arthroplasty revision . He has in-depth experience in joint replacements and arthroscopies of various joints and has done more than 1000 arthroscopies which includes ACL and PCL reconstruction of knee , stabilization procedures and rotator cuff surgeries of shoulder, meniscal surgeries of knee . He has performed more than 1000 joint replacements independently, which includes primary, bilateral and revision hip & knee arthroplasties. He has also mastered in total shoulder including reverse shoulder replacement surgeries.
He has done national and international presentations in field of Joint Replacement Surgery, and chaired sections for international orthopaedic conferences in India and Oman .
Dr. Paul Paramel brings his positivity along with his surgical skill & competence to the delivery of care to his patients. He is thorough, meticulous and compassionate in his approach; with a penchant for perfection.
He is well liked and respected by his peers as well as the community he has diligently and selflessly served over the past with a smile.
1. MS Orthopaedics fromt Christian Medical College ,Ludhiana
2. MRCS Part 1& 2 Royal college of surgeons
3. AO Fellowship in pelvic and Acetabular Fracture Saarland university Hospital, Homburg, Saarland, Germany
4. Advance Fellowship in pelvic and Acetabular Fracture + arthroplasty Saarland university Hospital, Homburg, Saarland, Germany
5. SICOT Shoulder and elbow fellowship Rhön Klinikum, 97616 Bad Neustadt ad Saale, Bavaria, Germany
6. M.B.B.S from Government Medical College Alleppey
Memberships & Certifications:
1. Life Member of the Indian Orthopaedic Association
2. Life Member of Kerala Orthopedic Association
3. Life Member of Shoulder and Elbow society India
4. Member of SICOT
5. Member of AO Foundation